A business is a blend of many aspects working together towards the achievement of a single goal. Once any company matures from the start-up stage, the chances are that the workload will increase. To make sure that business grows in the proper sense and no work is left incomplete, ERP or Enterprise resource planning software is used. This software is integrated into the company’s IT system and takes care of the back-office work and keeps tabs on your business.
2018's Top 6 ERP Trends to Look for
With the beginning of 2018, many new trends for various tools and software have come up. Here are the best trends in 2018 for ERPs to watch out for:
- IOT (Internet of Things): IoT or Big Data is an effective way of managing resources well. Many large enterprises and business are incorporating their own IoT ecosystems to make use of the data readily available. IoT services are expensive, but they help a business funnel a lot of information at once and benefit the business mainly.
- Mobile ERP Solution: The entire world is shifting to mobile-friendly apps and work. As a general trend, people often use their phones more than they use their desktops. ERP vendors are trying to create mobile integrated ERP systems that will allow the salespersons of various enterprises to access the data on the go.
- Two-tiered ERP: As the name suggests, this type of software can be used in two different places. For example, if the headquarters of a company is using an ERP system, then the subsidiary company of the same company can make use of the same system. This system is best suited for different processes employed by a company in different areas. A two-tiered system will allow an enterprise to work efficiently in a cost-friendly manner.
- Social ERP to become an actual Thing: Linking your social media profiles or accounts to everything has become an unsaid norm. The demand for integrating social media accounts for ERP software has existed since July 2016. However, the demand is not as high as it used to be then. Implementation and a well-thought ERP with social media linking ability are still in the future though.
- ERP and SaaS: ERP software without SaaS integration comes at the expense of the hardware paid by the enterprise itself. The cost of making space for storing all the data and the cost of maintaining the data stored in the hardware was tough. However, SaaS integrated ERP software will allow a business to store all its data on cloud-based platforms, thereby reducing the cost and the risk of maintenance of such data.
- Hybrid ERP Options: The ERP solutions and software going SaaS is still a thing of the future and may take some time to happen. However, in the meantime many vendors allow businesses and enterprises to make use of their existing ERP solutions to create a hybrid solution for your enterprise.
With many trends and newer things cropping up, ERP in and after 2018, will offer immense value to your business.